Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Stink Eye

No, Colton isn't giving me the Stink Eye. We think he was stung by a wasp. This actually looks better than when I picked him up from daycare. I hardly recognized him - his right eye was darn near swollen shut. Doing the "mom thing" I called the clinic and they suggested that I bring him in to Urgent Care. I didn't think it was that important so I asked if there was an opening first thing the next morning. Lucky for me there was. Great! We had an appointment at 8:30 the next morning. I no sooner hung up the phone and round the kids up to go in the house when Colton takes a digger in the drive way. No big deal, right? He's done that thousands of times before. Well this time he just cries out, "Momma!" and won't put any weight on his right foot. CRAP!! Urgent care, here we come. We had plans to go to my parents that night to celebrate my dad's birthday, so Brady and Kyla went to my parents house and Colton and I headed off to Urgent Care. $40, 3 hours, and a couple of X-Rays later, we were informed that the X-Ray looked good and, "Yup, he was bit by a bug." Great. Off to Grandpa's birthday we go! Colton was such a trooper. He didn't care much for the X-Ray machine so I had to get up on the table with him. Other than that he was so good, so happy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: