Sunday, July 17, 2011

Holidazzle!

Every year during the month of December there is a night time parade where all the floats are covered in Christmas lights. It's called the Holidazzle. Laura and I thought it would be a great idea to load all the kids on the train for trip into Downtown. We'd grab a quick bite to and then bundle up for the parade. The kids will totally love it!


Here they are... so excited to ride the train.





Wait a minute... look who else is on the train!!








As it turns out, bringing two children downtown with one parent is NOT a good idea. Not without a lease at least. Laura thankfully had her husband along. In addition, she doesn't have Colton as a son. God bless the child and his curiosity. I think I had about 50 panic attacks. I was trying to carry all of our crap and hang on to 2 kids. Kyla did well, she stayed close by. Colton, however, would just take off! Either that or he would get so absorbed by what he was staring at that he wouldn't pay attention to where the rest of us went. GRRRR! Of course downtown was packed, which increased my anxiety ten fold. Colton fell in love with the escalators, so worse case, look for an escalator and there he would be. WHEW!


When it came time to bundle up, Colton wanted nothing to do with it. So now here we are, Laura's kids are happily getting dressed and here I am completely stressed out and desperately trying to keep it together while my son is screaming and carrying on. HONESTLY!





We finally get outside and my two children start fighting. I mean pushing, shoving, the whole nine yards (picture Laura's kids patiently standing and waiting for the parade to start). If I had my car down there we would have left. Unfortunately, we were stuck. With the wind chill it was down to zero degrees and my kids were fighting. This is fun! We finally made it through the parade and then my kids start crying because they're cold. Who could blame them? I couldn't wait for the evening to be over. As we made our way back to the train station, I was trying to carry all of our crap, Colton, and trying to hold Kyla's hand. The kids cried the whole way there. I can honestly say that I will NEVER do that again. To my I was surprise Laura and Steve were willing to hang out again after all of that! We didn't scare them off!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: