Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas: Celebration #1

Christmas with the Parks'
My brother and his family finally made it up on Sunday after patiently waiting for typical winter weather to pass through on Saturday. So, Monday night we raced over to my parents house after work to celebrate our Christmas together before they had to go home on Tuesday. My favorite part of Christmas is just spending time with my family. My whole family. Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, 2nd Cousins, In-laws and Out-laws. After all, Love was born on Christmas.
Kyla was cold so she cuddled up with Grandpa and a warm blanket.
Here are the grandchildren.
Kyla (4), Judaya (10), Will (3), Colton (2), and Max (8 mos)



Grandma and Grandpa with all of the grandchildren.



The Abrahamson Family



The Parks Family



Here's Gigi with all of her Great-Grandchildren.





Here we go!



As Christmas was approaching I kept asking Kyla what she wanted for Christmas. Her answer was always the same, "A Pliano and a baby." Piano? Where did that come from? So, I focused on the baby request. "Kyla, you have a hundred babies." Well, Auntie Justina had also heard this request. So, when Kyla opened her gift of a talking baby, she says, "But I have a hundred babies!" What a lucky little girl!





Here's Judaya with her new Tinkerbell bag complete with a pad of paper and a pen.




And little Max. He's trying so hard to grab onto these books.



Colton is really getting into this present thing.





Here's Gigi opening one of her gifts. I had found this and instantly thought of Gigi. She loves Cardinals.



Grandma MariBeth made this really cool box and filled it with paper, markers, pens, and stickers. Kyla LOVES to make pictures. And to her an artist is someone who does a really good job, so after she makes a picture she'll ask, "Am I an artist, Mom?" To which my answer is always, "Absolutely!"
I think she likes it!


Here is my brother opening one of his gifts from us. I had these pictures I had taken of the kids back in August. They were too cute not do anything with them so, I did a little monkeying around, printed, and framed them.

Here they are:


I know!! They're so cute!!! And besides, who doesn't love pictures of their own kids?!






Grandma made Kyla this beautiful ivory night gown and blue bathrobe (she'd been asking for a bathrobe for weeks). As my mom goes to pull Kyla towards her for a picture, Kyla says with a perfectly straight face, "Don't touch the princess." WELL!





Colton found a wonderful box to play in!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: